When Should You Refer
Look for the Signs That Help is Needed
Anyone can refer someone for home care services, but healthcare professionals often are in a unique position to see the challenges a patient is facing. Doctors, nurses, physical therapists, and social workers have the opportunity to get to know their patients and to provide guidance and information on the resources available to them. Each situation is different, but the questions below can help guide your assessment of whether a patient may benefit from home health care and when to refer. With a broad range of support services, Just Like Family can assist patients with many aspects of their care. If you believe that a patient would benefit from the services provided by Just Like Family, we are reachable 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to discuss referrals as we work with you, and your patient, to provide the support they need.
- Does your patient suffer from frequent falls or are they unsteady on their feet?
- Does your patient require assistance tracking their vitals?
- Would your patient benefit from medication monitoring?
- Does your patient require assistance with personal care such as bathing or incontinence care?
- Would your patient benefit from having a companion several days a week to assist in the general upkeep of their home?
- Does your patient require wound care or need assistance cleaning/dressing a post-surgical site?
- Has your patient been scheduled for a surgery and would benefit from having an aide to assist in their recovery?
- Does your patient struggle with eating a nutritional and balanced diet?
- Does your patient have limited mobility due to general weakness or as the result of a stroke?
- Has your patient been diagnosed with a neurological disease requiring supervision or assistance?
- Does your patient suffer from caregiver fatigue due to caring for a loved one full-time?
- Has your patient had frequent visits to the Emergency Room or hospital admissions?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, your patient would likely benefit from the services provided by Just Like Family. Contact us today for more information or to set up a free in-home assessment for your patient to further discuss their options.